State is a adjective which is applied to refer to that linked to State , understanding this concept as the structure formed by all the institutions responsible for guiding the operation of a community within a certain territory.
The rulers they are the ones who direct the state entities according to their ideological principles. In a democratic society, those who arrive at government are elected by the vote of the citizens in free elections .
The state, in short, is everything that is under state control . In this way, it is possible to talk about various institutions or state dimensions. One of them is the state education , which is provided in schools and public universities and that is usually free access.
The state schools , in this way, they are financed by the State. Different is the case of Private schools , which work as Business (They seek profit) and they charge for their educational services.
A state hospital , on the other hand, it is a health center solved with public money and managed by the State authorities. These hospitals , like schools in the same class, are free and serve the entire population, without discrimination. There are, instead, private clinics and sanatoriums that charge for care.
It is evident that the state adjective can appear in the most diverse contexts, although always with the same meaning. For example: “The company improved its profitability thanks to state management”, "The president announced the construction of a state aircraft factory", “The means of communication state tend to be too condescending with the government on duty ”.
State participation is called the participation of the State in the economic activity of a private agency or of a public administration, which significantly reduces the autonomy of the latter with one or more objectives well defined, such as:
* promote or try to stop certain activities, in accordance with the effects they cause in society;
* act against a monopoly case to recover free competition in a given sector;
* convert social security and the tax system into instruments for income distribution;
* stop situations of abuse by private economic power and support a certain economic plan for the country ;
* take advantage of certain public goods that a market mechanism cannot adequately control;
* propose and execute strategies to exploit natural resources in a sustainable way, respecting the environment and reducing pollution levels to a minimum;
* heal wounds that can leave market failures (insufficient or disproportionate supply of goods or services; this causes a market to not function efficiently).
When the intervention State reaches its limits, it is possible that all production instruments (factories, mining, agriculture and services, among others) will be in the hands of the State. On the other hand, interventionism can be moderate or mild, if it is aimed at regulating the economic process and using the exchange, monetary, tax and credit instruments so that the productive activities that you wish to promote have more resources, or to discourage to those that cause a negative effect on society, directly or indirectly.
The degree of state responsibility varies according to the doctrine to apply: at one extreme is the absence of State participation in the economy; in between there are the Mixed economy and the democratic socialism; finally the Marxism proposes that the State manage the economic life of the country.
It is worth mentioning that the term interventionism, when it is isolated, it has a different connotation: it refers to the undue participation of one State in the internal problems of another , and this is related to the concept of imperialism , although in extreme cases.